The village of Mears Ashby is conveniently located between Wellingborough, Northampton and Kettering, some three miles west of Wellingborough.
Two homes of special interest are the Mears Ashby Hall, built in 1637, with its dovecote and summerhouse, and the Old Vicarage, an early Victorian building.
The village's typical medieval church, All Saints, was built in stages between the 12th and 15th centuries. During an extensive renovation in the mid 19th century, a 14th century wall painting or "doom" was found under plaster and has been restored and preserved.
The Council strongly monitors issues affecting local citizens, with particular attention paid to preventing crime and overseeing local groups that care for and support children and pensioners. The Council also provides encouragement to local sports and social organisations, some of which have links from this website.